Table of Contents
- What is Mavsocial?
- What information do we collect and process?
- Cookies and related technologies
- How is your information secured?
- Your rights: Access, change, deletion, disclosure
MavSocial commits to robust, secure, and transparent privacy practices because your privacy is important to us.
We are doing our very best to protect your privacy and avoid misuse or abuse of your personal data. And because we value your privacy and strive for our services to be safe and enjoyable for everyone:
- We never sell personal data to anyone;
- We carry out all processing operations in strict compliance with European privacy laws;
- You are in control of your personal information at all times.
- What information do we collect, and why do we collect it;
- How we use this information, share and protect it.
- Our Customers (including its internal users (“Customer user(s)”));
- End-Users (“End-Users”) of our Customers who interact with our Customers on their Social Profiles on Supported Platforms.
1- What is MavSocial?
Maventus Group Inc (“MavSocial”) is a United States company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. MavSocial offers a software application (the “Service”) that helps businesses and agencies (individually and collectively “Customer(s)”) manage their Social Profiles.
By its nature, the Service enables our Customers to combine their Social Profiles in one place. The Service helps our Customers manage incoming messages sent to their Social Profiles, comments posted on content published on their Social Profiles, scheduling and publishing content on their Social Profiles, and analyzing the results. It also helps them monitor conversations happening publicly on Supported Platforms as long as they contain specific keywords of their choice.
MavSocial complies with all the relevant EU Data Protection Laws.
2- What information do we collect and process?
We collect and process different types of information, including but not limited to Personal data (“Customer Data” ):
- We collect and process information/data from our Customers and Customer-Users (“Customer Personal Data”) for our purposes, such as to provide and administer the Service.
- We also process other data on behalf of our Customers (such as content generated, requested, or published via the Supported Platforms by our Customers) by the instructions our Customers give us through the Service (including, for example, the information and End User Messages our Customers monitor or collect from Supported Platforms through the Service) (“Customer Content”). Our Customers control how their Customer Content is collected and used by them.
- Accordingly, we only use Customer Content to provide the Services to our Customers by the instructions they give us through the Services.
We never collect/process sensitive data as this is not allowed through the use of the Service
2.1- Customer Personal Data
Type of Data concerned
When you first register for a MavSocial Account and when you use the Service, we collect some data about you as a Customer / Customer User, such as:
- your full name;
- your email address;
- your company name;
- your company’s address;
- your company’s phone number;
- Social Profile URL;
- The content you’ve published on the Social Profiles you’ve connected to the Service;
- information we may receive relating to communications you send us, such as queries or comments concerning our Service.
MavSocial also automatically collects and receives specific data from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform on the Site, the Service, the Supported Platforms, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser), and information obtained from cookies (see “Cookies and Related Technologies” below).
For example, each time you visit the Site or otherwise use the Service, we automatically collect your IP address, browser, and device type, access times, the web page from which you came, the regions from which you navigate the web page, and the web page(s) you access (as applicable).
How we use it
MavSocial uses Customer Personal Data for the following general purposes:
- to identify you when you log in to your account on the Service;
- to enable us to operate the Service and provide it to you;
- to verify your transactions and for purchase confirmation, billing, security, and authentication (including security tokens for communication with Supported Platforms);
- to analyze the Site or the Service and information about our visitors and users, including research into our user demographics and user behavior in order to improve our content and the Service;
- to contact you about your account and provide customer support, including responding to your comments and questions;
- to keep you informed about the Service, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, contests, and events we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us to sell or market the Service,
- to better understand your needs, diagnose problems, analyze trends, improve the features and usability of the Services, and better understand and market to our customers and users;
- to keep the Service safe and secure.
Social Networks and Third-Party Services
Where you are using our Services and have chosen to connect your Social Networks to the Services, or if you authorize a Third-Party Service to access your account, you agree to provide information about you to the Social Networks and the Third-Party Services under their respective terms and privacy policies.
Users can revoke MavSocial’s access to their data via the Google security settings page at https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions, and
Users can contact MavSocial with questions or complaints about MavSocial’s privacy practices.
2.2- Customer Content
When our Customers connect a Social Profile to the Service, they can choose to instantly collect, process, share, and access such Social Profile via the Service (subject to the terms of service and privacy policies with the Supported Platforms).
In this way, our Customer’s Users can obtain, use and analyze data from Supported Platforms and create, post, transmit, view, display, or share data or information through the Service.
Type of data concerned:
- Customer-generated content (such as messages (including direct or private messages), posts, comments, profiles pictures, images, feeds, or communications exchanged on the Supported Platforms);
- End Users Messages and name;
- End Users Social Profile URLs of the on Supported Platforms;
- Supported Platforms user IDs.
How we use it
MavSocial uses Customer Content for the following purposes:
- To identify the author of an End User Message;
- To aggregate all End User Messages from the same person and provide a history of all past conversations between and End User and a Customer.
3- Cookies and Related Technologies
3.1- Session Cookies
The Service uses “session cookies,” which improve your user experience by storing certain information from your current visit on your device, such as login information. These enable us to remember your login session so you can move quickly within the Site or the Service. Without these session cookies, we couldn’t provide the Service to you. These session cookies have limited functionalities and expirations. You will be required to re-enter your MavSocial login information after a certain period to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents and related personal information. Other examples of our use of session cookies include tracking the number of visits by a particular visitor to a page or a Service feature.
3.2- Performance and Remarketing Cookies
Partners who help us serve advertising on and off the Site and analytics companies may also put cookies on your device. We use several third-party vendors to help deliver ads for relevant MavSocial products and services when you visit certain pages on our Site. We may share a cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address) with third-party ad partners to help us measure and tailor ads and services provided to you.
Most browsers allow you to choose whether to accept cookies or not. If you do not wish cookies placed on your computer, please set your browser preferences to reject all cookies before accessing the Site. Please note that some features of the Site and the Service may become unavailable by doing so.
To learn more about cookies, including seeing what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
The Network Advertising Initiative has also developed a tool that may help you understand which third parties have currently enabled cookies for your browser and opt out of those cookies. Further information can be found at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
MavSocial may also use related technologies, including web beacons, pixels, and software tokens, to facilitate your use of the Service. Most notably, the Service uses software tokens (stored securely on MavSocial-controlled servers) to reduce the logging into and functioning of both the Supported Platforms.
4- How is your information secured?
The security of your personal information is important to us.
You should remember that submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure. MavSocial has implemented various measures to protect the information against unauthorized access, use, disclosure, and destruction. Please remember that risk can never be eliminated but can be significantly mitigated and reduced.
All measures which MavSocial has taken significantly reduce the risk. MavSocial shall not be held liable by any third party, including you, in any event for unauthorized access, use, and disclosure of information provided that such is not due to gross negligence, wilful misconduct, fraud, or bad faith by MavSocial.
Security measures adopted by MavSocial include:
- Access to the information stored within MavSocial’s servers is restricted to a limited number of and only specifically authorized MavSocial employees;
- We use industry best practices to secure any information collected and transmitted to the Supported Platforms. The Site and the Service are all secured by SSL protocol, which provides encryption to all data transmitted;
- MavSocial’s servers are protected by a) firewalls establishing a barrier between our trusted, secure internal network and the Internet and b) IP restrictions, limiting access to whitelisted IPs;
- Each Customer may only access information about the Social Profile that it is tracking and the specific End Users interacting with such Social Profile. For Twitter and Instagram, each Customer may also access public content posted by End Users and containing particular keywords;
- MavSocial uses third-party vendors and hosting partners (such as Amazon AWS) to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology to run the Services. These vendors all offer best-in-class security; you can see Amazon’s security features here: aws.amazon.com/security;
- When payments are processed via credit card, MavSocial uses third-party vendors that are PCI_DSS compliant;
- MavSocial uses third-party vendors to prevent attacks on the Site or the Service and the destruction or theft of its data. Such vendors also monitor potential attacks to allow MavSocial to inform its Customers in the event their Customer Content and MavSocial Data have been compromised;
MavSocial takes reasonable security measures to protect your personal information to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are 100% bulletproof.
Because the nature of our Service does not appeal to children under the age of 13, MavSocial does not knowingly acquire or receive PII from children under 13. If we later learn that any user of our Service is under the age of 13, we will take appropriate steps to remove that user’s information from our account database. We will restrict that individual from future access to the Service.
6- Your rights: Access, change, deletion, disclosure
You have the right to object to processing and collecting your personal data and withdraw your consent at any time, except where otherwise determined by applicable law.
Whenever you withdraw consent, you acknowledge and accept that this will immediately terminate your use of the Service.
Accordingly, you can request modification or deletion of your information anytime by emailing email@example.com with your first and last name and the URL of all the Social Profiles you have connected to the Service. Such a request will have to be sent from the email address used to create your account on the Service.
Please note that certain personal information may need to be retained by MavSocial for a period following the cancellation of your account where this is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or required or authorized by applicable law.
You should be aware that MavSocial acts as a conduit between our Customers and the various Supported Platforms we support. In several instances, the content published via MavSocial will not be controlled by MavSocial. Any content you have shared through any Supported Platform via the Services may continue to be available to third parties and the public at large, as this content is now under the control of the operators of the Supported Platforms.
MavSocial does not rent or sell your Customer’s Personal Data or Content. Still, we may disclose such data to a limited set of trusted third parties in the situations explained below, for which you, by using our Service, hereby explicitly consent by acceptance of these terms and conditions. We will disclose your personal information where we are bound to do so, at law or via a court order as well as to meet any legal or regulatory requirement or obligations. We will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that those requirements or obligations are in accordance with applicable law;
We reserve the right to disclose your information to any third party if we have reasonable information to believe that the disclosure is necessary for an investigation and for the enforcement of any breaches of the Terms of Service (if applicable) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security, technical issues or other irregularities or illegalities, protect the rights and interests as well as the property of MavSocial;
We reserve the right to disclose your information to parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with MavSocial;
If You have any concerns about your privacy, you are kindly requested to email MavSocial at support@MavSocial.com with a detailed description. MavSocial will do its best to resolve such issues within a reasonable time.
The most current version of the policy, found at https://www.MavSocial.com/privacy-policy, will govern our use of your information collected and processed from the Service.
7.2- Governing law and dispute resolution
“EU Data Protection Law” means (i) before 25th May 2018, European Union Directive 95/46/EC; and (ii) on and after 25th May 2018, European Union Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR“).
“End-User(s)” means a user of a “Supported Platform” who interacts with a Customer through a Social Profile.
“End-User(s) Message” means an End User’s private or public message to any of our Customers via a Social Profile. It also means any publicly available content posted by an End User on a Supported Platform that a Customer can search and retrieve via a search on the concerned Supported Platform or using the Service through available Supported Platforms’ APIs.
“Personal Data” has the meaning given to them in the GDPR.
“Service” means services provided to you by MavSocial based on the plan you have purchased.
“Site” shall mean the website www.MavSocial.com, in addition to any sub-pages integrated within this website.
“Social Profile” means a personal or business profile created by a Customer on a Supported Platform. That includes but is not limited to Facebook pages, Facebook groups, Facebook personal profiles, Twitter profiles, Instagram personal or business profiles, Tumblr blogs, YouTube channels, LinkedIn personal profiles or company pages, Google Business Profiles, and WeChat official accounts.
“Supported Platform(s)” means the social networking site(s) currently supported by the Service, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Google, WeChat, and other social networks as described on the Site.
All capitalized terms that are not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning given to them in our Terms and Conditions, which can be found at https://mavsocial.com/legal/