With 555 million users Twitter is nothing less than a social media powerhouse. It is estimated that roughly 135,000 new people create a Twitter account daily and roughly 18% of all online adults use the micro-blogging site, though the majority of users seem to fall within the 18 to 29 demographic.
With such a solid user base Twitter can be an incredibly powerful tool for your brand. However, there is no use spending your company’s valuable time, energy, and resources on developing and maintaining a Twitter account if your target consumer base isn’t actually going to see your Tweets.
The key to Twitter success is visibility. So, how can boost your brand’s Twitter visibility? Be sure to check out these tips and tricks.
- Focus on accruing followers. The more followers you have, the better. 67% of Twitter users are more likely to purchase from brands they follow, while 79% of Twitter users are more likely to recommend brands they follow.
- Don’t forget to hashtag. Hashtags enhance the visibility of your Twitter content. And the more people who see your content, the better. Always keep hashtags concise. Typically anything more than twenty characters is probably a bad idea. And remember, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.Never overload your tweets with hashtags. Research shows that users consistently engage more with content that has less then three hashtags. Click through rates are also much higher when content features less hashtags. In general, two tends to be the ideal number. Be sure to take some time developing hashtags; they should reflect your brand and your brand’s values.
- Tweet compelling content. If you want users to engage with you on Twitter you need to craft content that is interesting, content that will catch their eye and hold their attention. When it comes to crafting compelling content the three golden rules are relevant, prompt, and useful.
- Always keep relevancy in mind. Remember your audience? Who are you directing content towards? Who is your target consumer? If you’re trying to appeal to senior citizens a tip for a wild spring break experience probably isn’t going to go over well. Similarly, tips on the best diapers probably won’t be well received by college students.
- Capitalize on real-time events. Participating in mainstream events in real-time will undoubtedly help to bolster the relevance and visibility of your tweets. This can entail commenting on a big event like an awards ceremony or sporting game or watching a TV premiere.The idea is to use Twitter during these events to add real time commentary that brings value, insight, and expertise to the conversations surrounding the experience. One of the best examples of the real-time tweet is Oreo’s Super Bowl ad.The brand released an innovative ad in response to the power outage reading, “you can still dunk in the dark.” Though the concept was simple it was clever and incredibly relevant. The ad instantaneously went viral across both Twitter and Facebook.
- Keep content useful. Before you Tweet think about how what you are sharing will be of benefit to your followers. Will it make them laugh? Does it show them a great new place to picnic in their local area? Does it teach them something new? Content should always be immediately relevant to followers.
- Engage, engage, engage. When it comes to cultivating visibility, engagement is absolutely key. The more people who engage with your posts the more people who will see them. Twitter engagement can essentially be broken down into four basic categories: a customer following your brand, having a customer “retweet” your brand’s post, having a customer “favorite” your brand’s post, and a customer tagging your brand in a tweet.
- Throw in a visual when possible. Visuals resonate with viewers. Tweets with image links tend to have two times more engagement.
- Keep things short and sweet. Don’t feel obligated to use all 140 characters available. Studies show that tweets under 100 characters receive roughly 17% more engagement.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for re-tweets. Last but not least, don’t be afraid to ask your followers for a bit of Twitter love. Studies show that when brands’ tweets directly ask followers to re-tweet content is more than twelve times more likely to be shared. That is a pretty substantial difference!
We hope these tips and tricks will help you boost your twitter visibility in the long run!
From MavSocial | Social Media Marketing Software for Business